November Birthstone – Yellow Topaz and Citrine
Bestowed with dual beauties, November-born folks can choose between Yellow Topaz and Citrine. Both these gemstones are quite similar in their properties.
Yellow Topaz: Well-known as a striking substitute for yellow sapphire, yellow topaz is sure to make its way into the collection of people who have a flair for gemstones. Revered for its gleaming golden color, this semi-precious gemstone belongs to the mineral family, and from times immemorial these have been famous for their awe-inspiring effects on mankind.
Citrine: Citrine belongs to the Quartz family, and is a semi-precious gemstone that occurs in light buttery yellow to the deeper tone of gold with a tinge of brown to it. Known to be the seconds to yellow sapphire, this gemstone blends well with other precious stones to create a stunning jewelry piece. Its yellow color is thought to be attributed to the planet that governs this gemstone- none other than the fierce Sun.
Astrological Purpose:Yellow Topaz
Since it is ruled by the supreme Sun planet, yellow topaz brings peace, calm, and cheerfulness to the life of the individual who wears this. The Vedic astrologers have associated yellow topaz with the natural fertility of mother Earth, bringing in abundance to the wearer.
Eradicating all negativities, astrologers have a firm belief that Topaz does wonders in freeing the wearer from depression, rage, anxiety, and grief and induces the wearer with a joyful trait. Further this gemstone is allied with traits like kindness, uprightness, commitment and soberness.
Derived from the French word “Citron” which stands for lemon, citrine during the ancient times was given to safeguard people from the poison of the snake as well as evil eyes. Inherited with spiritual powers, citrine is known to drive away all negativities and insanity from the mind of the wearer.
Popularly known as “A Merchant’s Stone” – citrine ensures that the business flourish by leaps and bounds. Astrologers advise businessmen to keep this semi-precious gemstone in their wallets to control expenses and in their cash counters to double up the earnings.
- People with the academic track are often suggested to wear yellow topaz because it improves concentration and creativity.
- To control destructive rage in individuals, Vedic practitioners recommend wearing yellow topaz to calm the mind and instill the feeling of happiness and gratitude in them.
- Yellow topaz is particularly beneficial in curing digestion-related issues, loss of appetite, and liver dysfunctions like jaundice.
- It is also thought to have a healing property to treat insomnia and memory loss.
- Since citrine belongs to the Solar rete, it boosts the stamina and energy in the wearer.
- Citrine is known to promote material happiness, pregnant women especially wear it to protect themselves against unwanted energies.
- Citrine makes an excellent healing stone for diseases associated with the liver, immunity, urinary system, kidneys, and heart.
- It detoxifies the body and aids better sleep patterns in the wearer.
Yellow topaz adds a nice spring pop to your jewelry collection. Its yellow to golden hues spread happy vibes and sets well with both gold and silver. Wear a pair of yellow topaz studded danglers on a white casual frock to amp up your chic look.
Match your yellow topaz studs with an animal printed office shirt and trousers to leave a powerful impression on the onlookers. A chunky neckpiece studded with yellow topaz and diamonds is essential on your long-black cocktail to make head turns.
To highlight the dazzling color of this gemstone, always wear in on neutral solid-colored outfits like blacks, whites, or even gray.
Citrine is most often worn in a finger ring or a pendant set in gold metal to capture its sunshine look. Many prefer wearing citrine as earrings especially to work because its warm color creates a subtle yet attractive style statement. Because of its neutral gold shades, it is one gemstone that helps you achieve a blends-well-with-anything look.
A lot of us confuse topaz with citrine, thanks to the color similarity, if you are looking to recreate a beautiful jewelry piece at a much lesser cost, then replacing topaz with citrine is a clever alternative.